It generates trust and credibility between the client and the TP
THE ESI STANDARDISED CONTRACT
The ESI Europe contract is structured on a standard supply, installation and maintenance contract model that includes clauses that guarantee the energy savings to the client.
The characteristics of the contract are:
The ESI Europe contract has the following characteristics:
- The contract between TP and client is signed by both parties.
- The savings are guaranteed by the TP.
- The operation conditions and energy price for calculation of the equivalent financial savings are agreed by both parties.
- The energy efficiency project is subject to evaluation by an independent validation entity.
- The validated energy savings are covered by an insurance.
- After the proposal is approved by the client, the TP and client sign a contract which enters into force once the project is validated and the energy savings insurance is issued.
- The client pays to the provider the project according to schedule payments; The provider is not expected to finance the project.
- The TP provides preventive maintenance, energy savings monitoring and reporting services for up to 5 years as part of the contract.
- The client reviews and approves savings reports via the online system.
- A dispute settlement mechanism is put in place to facilitate the mediation and resolutions of disagreements between TP and client, and provide certainty to the insurance company.
Besides these characteristics, relevant and more standard clauses relate to the installation, maintenance, and equipment warranties, among others.
The ESI Europe contract has been prepared and adapted to the country regulations and practices. It has also been reviewed and is known by the insurance companies participating in the ESI Europe implementation in the country, so they are familiar with the contract for which they will issue the insurance coverage.
Sign up below to download the ESI stadardised contracts and validation methodology.
By submitting this form we will include your e-mail in our mailing list to keep you updated about ESI Europe project. This information will be stored in a database. We maintain it strict confidentiality, with database access limited to partners and individuals working directly on the project as well as the European Commission only for the purpose of this project.